Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002

Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002
The Nauvoo Temple was originally built by the early saints through much hardship and sacrifice. In May of 1846, the temple was dedicated and became the second operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Unfortunatly a few years later in 1848, the temple was destroyed by fire. In April of 1999 President Gordon B. Hinckley, prophet of the church, announced that the temple would be rebuilt. Following its reconstruction, the Nauvoo Illinois Temple was dedicated on June 27, 2002, making it the 113th operating temple in the church.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

September 3, 2013

Hello Family!!

We had a get to know you district meeting and afterwards we went to eat there as a district!

We'll be driving Sister Moldogalii to Iowa City this afternoon so she will be flying out to Temple Square in the morning. We'll be coming back to email tomorrow because the time is just flying right now. I love you all so much!!

Sister Tucker

Hello Family!
Sorry for the short letter yesterday. Things are going well here in Cedar Rapids. Sister Moldogalii met up with Sister Jensen yesterday and by this time is probably in Utah. It has been so great working with her and she is a very dedicated missionary. Her and Sister Egbert have also gotten along really well and Sister Egbert has learned so much from her too. Last week Sister Moldogalii was working with Sister Barker who is a sister in our zone. On Thursday I went to transfer meeting with Sister Barker and helped welcome her new companion, Sister Roberts. Before the transfer meeting I met with Sister Jensen and the other three new Sister Training Leaders. It was a really good meeting and she provided us with some training material. There are three sets of Sisters that I will be working with and when I do exchanges Sister Egbert will be coming with me. I'm working with the Cedar Falls Sisters, Cedar Rapids 1st ward Sisters, and the Mount Vernon Sisters. We'll be having our first exchange next Tuesday and then another one the following Tuesday and the last one the next Tuesday.

On Wednesday last week we went to the Family History Center with Laverne and several ward members. She was able to find some information on her family which was so exciting! One of the Family History workers was so thrilled to see us missionaries there!

On Monday for Labor Day we went to the Jarbo's home and played Trash Ball as a district. Afterwards the family provided us with hot dogs, baked beans, chips, bananas and drink. We then had dinner at our ward mission leader's home, Bro Bullock, and had pizza and watermelon.

Yesterday I received an email from Kelsey Whitaker, my trainer and she said that things are going well. It had been months since I last heard anything. She said that her and Payton Tyler Seeley have been dating for the last month and things are going great. I could go ahead and email her about when my talk in November will be.

Now for some really exciting news, Brother Flynn will be sealed to his family on September 28th! I sent a post card to him last week congratulating him on his baptism last year and that I would love to be there at the temple when his family is sealed. Today he sent an email and I couldn't help but read it and he said they are getting sealed on the 28th and they would love it if I could be there. He said that it's so cool that I could be there for his baptism and their sealing!

This Friday our ward has an assignment to clean the temple and we have permission from our mission president to go!

I love you all so much and I'm grateful for this time that I have to serve the Lord with all my heart, might, mind and strength. The time really is flying but there is so much to do in the mean time and we've got a lot of work ahead of us to meet our baptism goal this year of 550. We are currently at about 330.

Hugs to all!!
Sister Tucker
P.S. I finished reading the Book of Mormon the other day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment