Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002

Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002
The Nauvoo Temple was originally built by the early saints through much hardship and sacrifice. In May of 1846, the temple was dedicated and became the second operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Unfortunatly a few years later in 1848, the temple was destroyed by fire. In April of 1999 President Gordon B. Hinckley, prophet of the church, announced that the temple would be rebuilt. Following its reconstruction, the Nauvoo Illinois Temple was dedicated on June 27, 2002, making it the 113th operating temple in the church.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

October 21, 2013

Hello Family!!

Thank you so much for your email, Dad! I really enjoyed hearing of some of the miracles that happened on Elder Lowe's mission. That is so great! We have had several miracles happen as well here and I'll fill you in on them. But first, that is so excited about David and Scott and how they may be moving closer! What an amazing blessing! I'll keep them in my prayers, along with you, Mom! I'm glad the surgery went well and that your not in as much pain :) I prayed especially hard for you this last week :)

Last Sunday our entire mission fasted to find those prepared to receive the gospel. We knew of this fast the week prior and so when I heard the news about Monica and Jamal being able to be baptized, I immediately thought about the fast and even though we hadn't started the fast, we were committed to doing it and the lord is aware of that and will start pouring out blessings. Last Friday we received a call from Melissa D. and she wants to meet with us again! We had meet with her two months ago several times and she came to church that first Sunday after meeting her. Since that time, she has been able to work through a few things and she's in a better position to meet with us now. I was so thrilled when I saw her name come up on the phone. I gave the phone to Sister Egbert because Melissa has been on her mind a lot. After Melissa said she wanted to meet with us again, Sister Egbert broke down into tears. She was speechless and handed the phone back to me. After we ended our conversation with Melissa, Sister Egbert shared that she had made a promise to Heavenly Father that she would stay on her mission if it would help Melissa. She said that she could never face Melissa if she were to go home because things got hard. What a miracle this has been! I testify that there is great power in fasting and prayers! As we exercise our faith first, the miracles will come, in the Lord's own way and timing!

Monica and Jamal and doing really well! We've been meeting with them almost every day! They will be baptized this Saturday at 3PM. President and Sister Jensen will be there too!

Dana is doing well also and we might be able to move her date up a week!

This last week in addition to having 10 investigator lessons with a member present, we had Mission Leadership Council on Tuesday from 9:30 to 4:00, Zone Training Meeting in the Cedar Falls Zone, and Zone Training Meeting in our zone. Sister Cannon and I trained on being equally yoked with the members in the hastening of the Lord's work. There was a great picture in the September Ensign that talks about being yoked. We also shared a little from Elder Dube's talk from this last conference. Both trainings went well.

Another wonderful blessing is that yesterday at church we had six investigators! Dana, Monica, Jamal, Melissa, Moses and Lea! It's so fun being a part of this great work and seeing the Lord's hand in all things!

I love you all so much and I hope everything goes well this week for each one of you!!

Love ya lots!!
Sister Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment