It is so good to hear from you!! I love you all very much! I'm really excited to start this new transfer because that means I'll be home in 6 weeks! I know there are some things that I can still accomplish here, so I'll continue to work hard, don't you worry!
We received transfer doctrine today and President Jensen said that we'll both be staying here and that we'll be in a tri companionship. I obviously had no idea what to expect, and yesterday a few thoughts came to my mind that I could be the one to leave and it made me a little sad, but it was good for me to realize that my time here is short and I need to do all that can. We still have a bunk bed in our room at the Anderson's so it will work out well to have three of us together. This will also be nice in that my companion is still thinking about going home, but the official decision hasn't been made yet. I hope she will continue to serve and both President Jensen and Sister Jensen have expressed how much she is needed out here.
This last week we had exchanges with the Cedar Rapids 1st Ward Sisters, Sister Barker and Sister Roberts. They are great sisters and are working hard to find those prepared for the gospel.
We have a new investigator, his name is Luis and he is from Chili. We had a church tour with him last Monday evening and it went really well. He accepted a baptismal invite and he is excited to read from the Book of Mormon. We also met with Dana this last week and she is doing great. She is still working towards a baptism date of November 9th. She decided to watch conference at her parents home and so later Sunday night we asked her what she thought of it. She said it was different than what she had imagined and then she said that several of the talks spoke directly to her and addressed things that she is currently dealing with. I'm so grateful that she listened to conference and was able to receive those answers which also helped to increase her faith and testimony. Barb and Michael were able to go to the Meyer's home and watch conference there. Barb said it really kept her attention and she liked it. Michael seemed to like it as well. They both want to be baptized but they are unsure if this is the church they want to be baptized into. We continue to pray for them and to help them recognize answers from the spirit.
What a blessing conference is! Sister Beio was able to watch it at the church building, Laverne (our recent convert) was at a member's home watching it, and Tamara (another recent convert) watched part of it at a member's home as well. Also, several of the sisters who are coming back into activity were able to watch it in their home.
To answer your question about a typical P-day, we have studies in the morning until 10 AM and then we'll gather as a district or a zone and play tennis, or trash ball. After that we go back to the Anderson's, have lunch, then Email :) Go grocery shopping and have a few hours to take a nap, make a planner, make some banana bread. One P-day, we went to the Masonic Library, that was really interesting. Oh, another thing that I've been doing every couple of transfers is coloring my hair :) Those pesky grey hairs are annoying.
Funny you should mention about the flu-shot, because in our email from President, he encouraged everyone to receive one this year.
I love you all so very much and I thank you all for your support and encouragement. May you all have a wonderful week! I'll continue to keep you all in my prayers at night!!
Love you all lots!!
Sister Tucker
P.S.
The picture was taken at the end of our exchange. On the far left is Sister Egbert, then Sister Barker, Sister Roberts and then me.
No comments:
Post a Comment