Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002

Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002
The Nauvoo Temple was originally built by the early saints through much hardship and sacrifice. In May of 1846, the temple was dedicated and became the second operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Unfortunatly a few years later in 1848, the temple was destroyed by fire. In April of 1999 President Gordon B. Hinckley, prophet of the church, announced that the temple would be rebuilt. Following its reconstruction, the Nauvoo Illinois Temple was dedicated on June 27, 2002, making it the 113th operating temple in the church.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

September 23, 2013

Hello Family!

Thank you so much for your letter today! There are so many things that I'm excited to share with all of you when I get home, I can't wait. Just imagine, it will be less than 2 months! I am so thankful for this time that I have served and all the many things I have learned and experienced. I'm grateful to have met so many great people here in Iowa and to help them come closer to the Savior through baptism. I'm so grateful for the power that comes from the atonement because even though I try to be perfect, I still fall short. I'm grateful for all the love and support that you, my family have given me to help me continue on when times are hard and challenging. I'm grateful for my President and Sister Jergensen, and my trainer and all the things that she shared with me to help me continue on. It has been my hope and wish that as I trained others, that I could do the same thing for them that she did for me. How important it is to be truly committed. To see things through till the end, to learn everything you can from an experience to help you become better. It is so important to serve with all your heart, might, mind and strength. It is so important to be committed to the mission before coming out. This is the time to serve the Lord and to help bring salvation to the sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. We are all sons and daughters and it's so important for all of our brothers and sisters to know of their Father in Heaven and the love that he has for them.

I love you so much, Mom, and I'm truly grateful for all the many things you have taught me in life. I'm so grateful to be your daughter! I love you so much!!

That's so great to hear that you're having that fun competition! It really does feel good to feel the burn :) I definitely felt the burn when we climbed all the way up to the top of the tower at the temple :)

I heard from President that I'll be able to go to the temple this Saturday for the Sealing! I also found out that I'll be attending the departing Temple Trip on Halloween!! How cool is that??!! This Saturday there is also a baptism for Justin and his two boys that the Elders have been working with. And then there is the broadcast later that evening so Saturday is going to be so spiritually filled! I'm so excited!!

This last week we had Zone Training Meeting with our Zone on Wednesday and I was asked to give a training on the Family Proclamation that President Jensen stressed using more in our lessons at the last Mission Leadership Council meeting with Elder Gay. It went well and several Elders since then have said that it has helped their investigators and ward members. On Thursday the sisters from Mt Vernon came for an exchange and that evening we were able to set a date with Dana for November 9th! On Friday we drove to Cedar Falls for the Zone Training Meeting with that Zone and I also talked about the Family Proclamation. This week we've also received from the Elder's in our district, the names of four people who live in our area that are interested in learning more about the gospel. I'm really excited to begin working with them.

I love you all so much! Take Care!!
-Sister Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment