Hello Family!!
Happy 16th Click day to me!!
Happy Birthday also to Katie, Grandma Tucker, Tyler & Lance!! Katie, you're the best, I love ya so much! I was thinking of you Grandma while I was at the temple Friday!! I love you lots too! Tyler, how does it feel to be 17? Are you looking forward to going on your mission next year?? Lance, Happy Birthday Buddy!! It's so cool to be 5!!
To answer a few questions, Sister Moldogalii will be on her mission until December 4th. If you go to temple square just request a Mongolian tour and she'll be there. She's the only sister who knows Mongolian :)
Tuesday will be my first exchange with the Cedar Falls Sisters. I served in this area last January for a week. It's about an hour drive from here. I'll be working with Sister Stephens and Sister Boon. Sister Egbert will be coming with me on the exchange as well.
On Friday we were able to go to the temple with our ward mission leader and two other sisters in the ward. We left our area at about 530 and arrived a little before 8pm. The first job Sister Egbert and I were given was to dust the oxen under the baptismal font. That was really fun because it was as if we were brushing them and then I would take the duster and wipe in their ear and their nose! As I was dusting the oxen, the Temple President, President Condie, came in with two couples and showed them the font. I saw one of the couples and they kind of looked familiar, but I couldn't really place where I knew them from. The Temple Matron asked where they were from and it sounded like West Point Utah. Before they left the room I asked them where they said they were from and they indeed said West Point, Utah. I then recognized them as being from your ward and said that I'm a daughter of Richard and Linda Tucker. I ended up giving the woman a hug and she said that she'll pass that on to you, Mom. I didn't catch their name thought, but they know you both and grandma and grandpa very well. The other assignment we were given was to vacuum a floor of the temple. I volunteered for the 1st floor and was able to walk into the President's office, the Matrons office and the Counselor's office as well. In President Condie's office he has a bronze statue of Joseph Smith and there was a quote by it from President Condie that says, "If you really want to know if God and Jesus Christ talked with Joseph Smith just ask Him, He was there." I really like that and it's so true!!
After we finished cleaning the temple we were able to go up a number of spiral steps to the very top of the temple and we stood right under the dome which is right under the angel Moroni! There were more stairs than I expected and my legs started to burn before reaching the top, but it was so neat to make it to a spot where not many people are allowed to go. We ended up leaving the temple at 11PM, then stopped by Wendy's for a bite to eat and made it back into town about 2AM. We got up at the usual time on Saturday and needless to say we took a nap during our lunch time. I really enjoyed being at the temple Friday night and I especially enjoyed the peace that was felt there. I just love the temple!
I wrote our mission President for permission to attend the sealing of Bro. Flynn so I'll know for sure later this week if I'll be able to go. In addition to doing exchanges this week, we'll also have a Mission tour with Elder Gay of the seventy on Thursday. I and the other missionaries who are heading home in the next two transfers was asked to bear my testimony. I'm really excited for this Mission Tour and it would be so neat if they introduced us to the Ipads then :) I can hope :). On Friday we'll have a Mission Leadership Council meeting that Elder Gay will preside at.
We're continuing to work hard here in Cedar Rapids. We have some great people we are working with and are excited to see them progress in the gospel. We had a new member lesson with Jenna this last week and she is doing so great. Bro Perry was talking about the Plan of Salvation and at the end we had Jenna work with Justin's boys and arrange the different parts to the plan. She did a great job and the boys really enjoyed it. Justin is her mom's boyfriend and he has two boys. All three of them are preparing for baptism! We've also been able to meet with Laverne and she is doing great. She always has a smile on her face when we see her and see has said that she is so proud of herself for taking the step to be baptized. She also is noticing that as she prays her ability to understand and read the Book of Mormon increases and we can really see that!
I love you all so much!! I know this gospel is true and I'm so grateful for the chance at this time to be an instrument in the Lord's hand. I'm so grateful for a loving and supportive family that is always there to encourage me on.
Love you lots!!
Sister Tucker
Nauvoo Temple and the Arrival Center just across the street from the temple.
Some pictures out in the corn
Alongside the river are some house boats that look so cool so we finally took a picture by them
Sister Egbert and I picked up Hawkeye shirts one P-day at Hyvee. The day before Sister Moldogalii left the bishop and his wife gave her an Iowa shirt. It was perfect! Here we are in our Iowa gear!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment