Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002

Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002
The Nauvoo Temple was originally built by the early saints through much hardship and sacrifice. In May of 1846, the temple was dedicated and became the second operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Unfortunatly a few years later in 1848, the temple was destroyed by fire. In April of 1999 President Gordon B. Hinckley, prophet of the church, announced that the temple would be rebuilt. Following its reconstruction, the Nauvoo Illinois Temple was dedicated on June 27, 2002, making it the 113th operating temple in the church.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

August 26, 2013

Hello Family!!

Things are continuing to go well here in Cedar Rapids. I'm so sorry that last time I didn't send some photos from the Nauvoo pageant. I keep running out of time! It has been a good week. On Saturday we went down to Iowa City and Odmandakh was baptized! He's Mongolian and it has been such a blessing to have Sister Moldogalii here to teach him. He was so excited for his baptism and afterwards we were introduced to a friend of his who recently moved from Mongolia to his apartment complex. She really enjoyed the baptism and wants to learn more and to meet with the missionaries!! Her English is really good so that will be a blessing to have her in the ward so she can help translate English into Mongolian in the future :) The Lord really takes care of his investigators. There is also a young family, the Sherwoods, who are now back in town and go to that ward. The husband served his mission in Mongolia and his wife is from Mongolia. I think Odmandakh is in great hands and will do just fine! After his baptism he said he was so happy and when he was receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost he said he felt like he was flying!

On Friday evening I received a call from President Jensen and he asked if I would be a Sister Training Leader! That means I would conduct exchanges with other sisters and help them in any way I can. The call came from him at a moment when I was at one of my lowest points. We had gotten out late from an appointment which made it so we missed meeting with another sister. I was really frustrated with myself and so when President called I felt so inadequate. Thinking back on it I know Satan probably knew of what was going to happen and he was trying everything in his power to pull me down. I'm doing fine now and I'm looking forward to working with some of the great sisters in this mission a little more. I'm excited to hear of the successes they are having, who they are working with and using the many things I have learned on my mission to help other who may be struggling. I'm so grateful for the training leaders I've had and the things they have helped me with. I'm excited for this responsibility and I'm going to make the exchanges I conduct so great and memorable! It's funny the other day I was thinking about some things that President Jensen had said during my last meeting with him and it sounded like I might finish my mission here in Cedar Rapids. I was thinking about that and was a little saddened that I wouldn't be seeing much of the other area in Iowa. Well, with this new responsibility it will take me to several areas, so I'm way excited! I remember my trainer, Sister Whitaker, was a training leader and it was so fun to go on exchanges with her to the different areas and to meet so many sisters.

Today there are three sisters who after several months have finally received their visa to go to Brazil. So Sister Moldogalii will be working with Sister Barker until Thursday morning and then I'll go with Sister Barker to the transfer meeting where she will pick up her new trainee.

Last week we went to the Family History Center and learned a little more about Family Search so that we could feel more comfortable in sharing it with members, investigators and nonmembers. I'm really excited about Family Search and I want to do more with it when I get home. I love how you can easily upload photos and stories for all to see.

Dad, that's so exciting about the gentleman you met on the airplane! It sounds like what you said to him was just what he needed to hear. Pass along cards are such a great blessing and they are now the size of a normal business card so they fit inside a wallet.

We keep wondering when we'll receive the Ipads here. Technology has been such a great blessing and a wonderful way for the word of God to go to all parts of the world. There are so many great tools available and it's exciting to see how the work is able to progress forward as we work smarter. One thing that has changed here and it will be a change for all missionaries is that they are doing away with backpacks. Luckily my backpack converts into a side back so that was such a blessing. I've also been using a smaller bag during the day and just filling it with the things I need that day. I'm trying to lighten my load as much as I can :)

I had better send some of these photos to you and get back to work. We have P-day on Wednesday this week. I love you all so much!! Take care!!

Love ya lots!!
Sister Tucker







 The dark photo number 0985 is of Joseph and Emma at the Nauvoo pageant.
 The baptism photos are of Laverne McBride's baptism. Her friend Sis. Beio is there with her little girl Nevaeh. Sis. Richtor is to the older woman with her daughter Denise. Bishop Renshaw is the man to the far right of one of the photos. Brother Bullock is our ward mission leader with the white hair.




No comments:

Post a Comment