Hello Family!!
Those are some nice photos! It looks like that was a great place for the family to gather for the reunion! Thank you so much for sharing them! It sounds like everyone also had a great time too. I'm glad that Dad was able to read my letter to everyone there. I'm sorry that I didn't get a letter written the previous week and sent off but the time just flew.
This week has been another amazing one! We were able to meet with Melissa and her son with the Munson's on Monday and we set a baptismal date with them! The Munson family is so wonderful and is always helping us missionaries out.
Laverne had her baptism interview on Wednesday and she was so excited when she passed! She was almost jumping up and down! Afterwards we worked on her program, filled out a baptism and confirmation form and then showed her the baptismal font. Her good friend Sister Beio was able to be there and Sister Beio's sister Jolynn. Many of Sister Beio's family will be there at the baptism to support Laverne. The closing sacrament song yesterday was Teach me to Walk in the Light and that's one that Laverne really liked from Relief Society and she decided to have that the closing song at her baptism. When she realized that we were singing that yesterday she got so excited. She also told us right after sacrament meeting, "I know where my class is." She didn't need us to take her there and during Relief Society she sat with some sisters from the gospel principles class. She is making so many great friends and is feeling so comfortable at church.
Another great miracle that happened is that we found a sister in the ward that the ward member's have been searching for for a while now. This sister's cousin had told us of a trailer park off of a street that she lives in and that the house is white with red stairs. So as we were having dinner with a family in the ward they told us how they have been wanting to get in contact with this family. For various reasons the appointments that we had that evening were cancelled so we had some time to find them. I knew the street that the park was off of and so after saying a prayer in my heart that we would find them, we turned onto this street and within a few moments I saw a trailer park to the left that I had never noticed before. I drove in and we saw two white houses with red stairs. We tried both, the first one no one was home, the second home belonged to someone else. We then started walking down the street and after turning onto another street, began making our way back in the direction of the car. As we passed a trailer I saw a girl sitting outside and the thought came to my mind, "She might know her". I then thought that she looked like she was from the islands and most of the people here from Micronesia know each other. I turned around, walked towards her and asked if she knew Fatima. She said she did and that she would take us over to her home. It was such a blessing that we met this girl because it would have taken us a lot longer to find Fatima. We had a great visit with Fatima and she told us of her love for the church and that she didn't know where it was located here. She was so thrilled to have us come to her home. She shared pictures of when she was baptized in Micronesia and pictures of her daughter that was baptized too. She also told us that her husband had met with missionaries before they moved here and that he hasn't been baptized. He came home a few minutes later and we were able to meet him. He's very nice and we can't wait to meet with their family again. They both came to church yesterday!!
The Lord is truly blessing us so much here it's unbelievable!! Oh, another great miracle that happened is that the Elders have been meeting with Justin who is a friend of Sister Harding's and who came to her daughter, Jenna's baptism. He came to church for the first time yesterday and he was so excited to tell us that he's working towards getting baptized in September! He's been reading the Book of Mormon and loves it!! We are so happy for him and Sister Harding!
I love you all so much and I hope that you have a great week!! I know Heavenly Father is aware of us and he loves us so much!! He knows what is best for us and when things don't go as planned, he's there preparing something better for us.
Hugs to all!!
Love ya lots!!
Sister Tucker
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment