Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002

Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002
The Nauvoo Temple was originally built by the early saints through much hardship and sacrifice. In May of 1846, the temple was dedicated and became the second operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Unfortunatly a few years later in 1848, the temple was destroyed by fire. In April of 1999 President Gordon B. Hinckley, prophet of the church, announced that the temple would be rebuilt. Following its reconstruction, the Nauvoo Illinois Temple was dedicated on June 27, 2002, making it the 113th operating temple in the church.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

July 29, 2013

This week we were able to meet with Laverue several times and also with Chris. On Wednesday we had a tri ward picnic and Chris was able to be there and to meet several members. He also came to church for the first time and really enjoyed it!

We were able to go to the Nauvoo pageant on Saturday July 27th. Bro Bullock drove us and Sherstin Anderson came with us. She showed us around a little prior to the beginning of the show. We will definitely have to come out as a family and see the pageant together. It is so good! We went by the bagpipers who are at the entrance and listened to them play for a minute. Just outside of the entrance were the anti's and one of them caught me looking at him and he started to shout something at me while I turned away and then the bagpipers busted out playing and drowned him out. After they finished that song he began shouting something about Joseph Smith and the bagpipers blasted out "Praise to the Man"!

Well, I have to go right now. I hope you all have a wonderful week and can feel the joy and happiness that the gospel brings. How grateful I am for this knowledge. I love you all very much!!

Hugs to all!!
Sister Tucker

P.S. next Monday I'll send some photos from the pagent :)

No comments:

Post a Comment