Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002

Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002
The Nauvoo Temple was originally built by the early saints through much hardship and sacrifice. In May of 1846, the temple was dedicated and became the second operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Unfortunatly a few years later in 1848, the temple was destroyed by fire. In April of 1999 President Gordon B. Hinckley, prophet of the church, announced that the temple would be rebuilt. Following its reconstruction, the Nauvoo Illinois Temple was dedicated on June 27, 2002, making it the 113th operating temple in the church.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

July 15, 2013

Hello Family!!

That's exciting that you met Elder Seely! He was a great missionary and he was actually one of the zone leaders in my first area, Iowa City. I told him one time that I have a sister who lives in Kaysville and that's cool you were able to meet him!

I'm so happy for you, Mom, that Joan came to church this last Sunday and her son too and that he stayed for all three hours! Everyone needs a friend in the gospel and Joan is very lucky to have both of you right beside her and to help her make this sometimes hard transition back to activity in the church. That is one of the best feelings in the world when you see them walk into the church building or chapel!

We had such a great Sunday yesterday! I'll start off by saying that a few days ago we met with a less active sister in the ward whom her visiting teacher told us about and about her desire to come back to church. As we met with her the other day she told us of some struggles she was having and we knew the members in the ward that she needed to talk with to help her at this time. She also mentioned that she would like to come to church with a non member friend of hers. Well can you guess who came to church?? Yes, she came and her friend also!! We were so thrilled!! We also ended up seeing another less active sister come to all three hours of church yesterday!! It was such a blessing! Earlier in the week Brother Goddard had used two of us missionaries to speak in sacrament meeting on the restoration. I, along with Elder Bagshaw, spoke. I had a little time here and there to gather some of my thoughts and you would be so proud of me, that I only had a sticky note with some scriptures listed on it and the rest I followed the spirit in what I should say. It went really well and Elder Bagshaw did a great job. Before hand I noticed a few other people there in the congregation that weren't members (yet :)). Mom, I did mention a little about Kathy and how grateful I am that she introduced the missionaries to you :) Well, anyways, we have an appointment with Laverue today,the non member that came with the sister! She really enjoyed Sacrament and she stayed for all three hours!

Are you ready for some more good news??
Jenna was baptized on Saturday and she was confirmed on Sunday!! She was really excited for her baptism and was all smiles! Her grandma was there who's not a member and her mom's friend, Justin, came with his son Devon who is 9 years old. Devon was really interested in baptism and his father was really paying attention when Sister Moldogalii and I shared the restoration at the baptismal service right after Jenna was baptized. We'll follow up with them this week and see if they would be interested in learning more :)

Some other exciting news is that transfers is this Thursday and we'll be in a tri! I'll be training a new sister from the MTC! Sister Moldogalii will be here for the next six weeks and then she'll go back to Temple Square. We'll have an air mattress that we'll put on the floor and during the day we'll lean it up against the wall. I'm so excited that we'll still have the car! To answer your question about my back and feet, they are doing well, but my back is getting a little tired. I trying to go through my backpack more often and remove items I don't need so it's a little lighter. However, you never know when you might need to pull out the restoration cups or the little toys to entertain a child so you can teach their parents :)

From July 11-July 13th, there is a Mongolian Celebration and so Sister Moldogalii made a Mongolian dish and we took it to a combined district potluck lunch. She also wore a Mongolian dress and she had an extra one that she wanted me to wear that day.

I hope you enjoy the pictures!! It was so good to hear from you mom and I'm glad that your shoulder continues to improve!! I love all so much and I hope you have a fantastic week!! Hugs to all!!

Love,
Sister Tucker





No comments:

Post a Comment