Hello Family!!
It's seems like forever since I last wrote! This has been a very fun and exciting week. Last Sunday was Sister Winger's birthday and we went over to the Koons to have dinner. They gave us a plate full of cupcakes and that evening Sister Anderson had made a chocolate carrot cake for Sister Winger. On Monday we had dinner with the Bishop and his wife and they made a German chocolate cake with caramel and chocolate chips! On Tuesday we had dinner at the Zooks and Sister Zook made Angel food cake with a sprinkle frosting! It was to die for! On Wednesday we went with Sister Hodson, the new Relief Society President and tried to visit a few sisters. Afterwards she took us to Culver's and we had lunch and some Culver's frozen custard! That night we got back to the Anderson's home and their granddaughter Liah had made me a confetti cake with purple frosting and sprinkles!! It was so good! We had to take a picture of all these different cakes. We also had to put some in the freezer because we're caked out. The ward members are so sweet and thoughtful here.
I love the dresses you sent and the fun accessories! The dresses fit just perfect. I was a little worried that the coral my be a hair short but they say that it covers my knees. I can't wait to wear it when it's a nice warm day. Right now it's raining this week. I did open a few packages the night before my birthday because I couldn't wait :) Those are the cutest headbands that I've seen!
On Thursday we had Zone Conference in Iowa City and it was amazing as usual. Before the meeting began we were all able to shake President and Sister Jergensen's hand. I got a little teary eyed. I gave Sister Jergensen a hug and she complimented me on my blue cardigan that I got from you with all my spring clothes. As I shook President Jergensen's hand he thanked me for the work I had done in Ankeny. He said that area hasn't seen this many baptisms in some time. AP (Assistant to the President) Van Woerkom made sure to relay a message to me from Sister England in Ankeny that Mckenzie Woods was getting baptized on Saturday (May 25th)!! I was so excited to hear that! What was even more exciting is that I had felt impressed to write a note to her, Angie and Raelyn and I got that in the mail and she should have received it before her baptism! We've been working hard to find someone to be baptized this month and to reach our mission goal of 100 baptism for May. When I hear the news about Mckenzie, I felt that she was my May baptism!
On Saturday we were able to go to the Nauvoo Temple!! I really do want to come back with everyone and go through the temple. It's beautiful! We were able to go through a session and to see a couple in our ward be sealed as a family. The kids did so well! I loved all the detail inside the temple and being able to be reminded of the special covenants that I have made. We drove up with Bishop Renshaw and his wife and then came back with the Andersons. On our way home we stopped at a Chinese place for dinner.
I am so thankful for this gospel and I know that it is true!! I wish that everyone could go and be there in the temple and feel of the spirit there. I know that the church of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith and that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God. How grateful I am to know this and to share this with others so that they too may feel the truth fullness and desire to come unto Christ. I know that there is great power in the atonement and that the power from the atonement enables us to do things beyond our own abilities. I am so grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who provides a way for all of His children to return and live with Him, if we so desire and act upon that desire by doing the things He has asked of us. I know this to be true and say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Love,
Sister Tucker
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment