Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002

Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002
The Nauvoo Temple was originally built by the early saints through much hardship and sacrifice. In May of 1846, the temple was dedicated and became the second operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Unfortunatly a few years later in 1848, the temple was destroyed by fire. In April of 1999 President Gordon B. Hinckley, prophet of the church, announced that the temple would be rebuilt. Following its reconstruction, the Nauvoo Illinois Temple was dedicated on June 27, 2002, making it the 113th operating temple in the church.

Monday, June 17, 2013

June 10, 2013

Hello Family!!

On Wednesday we had a great lesson with Jenna on the Restoration! She really enjoyed it and asked a number of deep questions. She will be at church the next following weeks and we will be able to meet with her twice this week! She has a baptism date for July 13th!

We're also teaching Jayden who is 11 and on Tuesday we are hoping to do a church presentation with her. We practised this last week and I think she will really enjoy it as well.

We've gone out and done a lot of finding this last week and we've found a few potentials that we're excited to start working with. The work members are so nice and sweet here and I would love to excitedly introduce my companion to them but I just don't feel it.

On Saturday Bill and Vickie, two investigators the Elders have been working with got married! Bishop Renshaw performed the ceremony and there was a really good turnout of members to show their love and support to them. After they were married we had a picture taken with them and all of us missionaries that were in attendance. There were three sets of Elders, us and President and Sister Jergensen! They are going to get baptized on June 22nd!! Afterwards President and Sister Jergensen drove us to the Heritage Nursing home as we had planned to meet with a ward member there. As we drove I mentioned to President that this is the road we would ride on all the time if we had bikes and that there aren't any sidewalks or a bike lane. He said we would have to ride in the lane of traffic which is just fine. However, he did mention that the next time he can get a car he's sending it this way!! I can't wait!!

Well, I love you all so much! I hope and pray you may feel the love of your Father in Heaven and that you find and experience the enabling power of the atonement in your lives. I have been learning so much about the atonement lately and everything that it entails. What a wonderful blessing that we have to receive strength and comfort through the difficult times in our life as we access this power. Christ knows what we are going through and He can help us. I know this is true.

I love you all lots!!
Sister Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment