Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002

Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002
The Nauvoo Temple was originally built by the early saints through much hardship and sacrifice. In May of 1846, the temple was dedicated and became the second operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Unfortunatly a few years later in 1848, the temple was destroyed by fire. In April of 1999 President Gordon B. Hinckley, prophet of the church, announced that the temple would be rebuilt. Following its reconstruction, the Nauvoo Illinois Temple was dedicated on June 27, 2002, making it the 113th operating temple in the church.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

June 3, 2013

Hello Family!!

How is everyone doing? Thank you so much for letting me know about your upcoming surgery on Thursday, Mom. I'll keep you in my prayers. It would be nice to know if the surgery went well. When I was at the temple a few weeks ago I put everyone's name on the prayer roll! I love you so much Mom and I hope and pray that everything goes just fine and that you have a quick recovery. We helped for just a few moments with the Young Women's lesson yesterday and it was on the Priesthood. There IS great power in Priesthood blessings. I know that is true.

On Saturday we received transfer calls from President Jergensen and I will be staying here in Cedar Rapids and I'll be training a new sister. Sister Winger will also be training a new sister and she will be going to an area that is in need of her signing ability. I was a little surprised when I found out that I would be staying here because I knew that if I was that Sister Winger would be going to a new area and training at the same time and that can be stressful. However, the Lord knows that she is capable of doing this and she'll do just fine. Yesterday as she told one of the hearing impaired members that she was getting transferred he looked back at me and then signed a few things to her and I could tell that he wanted her to stay and me to be transferred!

Last week we were able to meet with a sister in the ward and she introduced us to her daughter Jayden who is 11 years old and hasn't been baptized. She is so sweet and I'm so excited to work with her. We invited her to be baptized and she gladly accepted! The primary president was able to give her a ride to church yesterday and she had a good time. She'll be going to activity days on Wednesday and then next Tuesday we plan on teaching the restoration at the church building. She reminds me a lot of Sydney when she was around that age. So sweet and caring! When I look at her I feel that I'm looking at Sydney!

This last week we also met Isaiah who knows French and Swahili! We're working on getting a French Book of Mormon for him. I may need to polish up on my French a little! One of the less active sisters that we've been working with knows French and so we may try to have her help us teach him.

On Sunday we were able to have several sisters at church that haven't been in years! I'm so grateful for the wonderful ward members that we have and their willingness to help provide rides for some of these sisters who wouldn't be able to come otherwise. A few weeks ago we met with Helen Lewis who has an amazing conversion story I can't remember if I told you about her before. If I haven't just let me know and I'll tell her amazing story! Her grandson AJ who is about 11 came to church yesterday by himself. We went over and shook his hand and he asked if we were going to keep meeting with his grandmother. I said yes and then asked if that would be alright and he smiled and said yes. He's a very caring individual.

We've been kept safe from all of these storms that have come through. Last Thursday we had flash flooding in some areas and I heard that within 30 minutes we had received a half an inch of rain. The Cedar River that runs through Cedar Rapids is really high and if we receive anymore rain we'll be helping to fill sand bags.

Those are a few highlights from this week. I'm excited for my new companion and to see all the amazing miracles that will take place here in Cedar Rapids over the coming weeks and months.

I love you all so much!!
Sister Tucker







No comments:

Post a Comment