Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002

Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002
The Nauvoo Temple was originally built by the early saints through much hardship and sacrifice. In May of 1846, the temple was dedicated and became the second operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Unfortunatly a few years later in 1848, the temple was destroyed by fire. In April of 1999 President Gordon B. Hinckley, prophet of the church, announced that the temple would be rebuilt. Following its reconstruction, the Nauvoo Illinois Temple was dedicated on June 27, 2002, making it the 113th operating temple in the church.

Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17, 2013

Hello Family!!

Happy Birthday Tomorrow Grandpa!! I hope you have such a wonderful day!! I love you so much and for your example of faith. I'm so grateful to be one of your granddaughters!! It looks like you had a great birthday party with everyone!!

Thanks for sending some of the photos! Everyone looks so great!
This last week has been a little crazy. After talking with President Jergensen one more time last Monday, Sister Alvey made the choice to go home. Right before she came out some medication was changed and she says she's been struggling with it. I didn't think things were going that bad from my end. As I talked with her a little more it was apparent that she really lacked the desire to stay out. It was hard to have her tell me the first day after getting to the Andersons that she was pretty sure and set in her mind that she was going home. We drove her to Iowa City on Tuesday (There was a sister that was going back to serve at Temple Square so the two of them could travel together on a flight Wednesday morning) and then I worked that night with a few sisters in my area. I spent the night at our Sister Trainer's place and worked with them the next morning. We later drove to the airport and arrived at 4 30 to pick up my new companion, Sister Moldogalii. She has been serving at Temple Square for a year. As of the sisters that serve at Temple Square will leave that area for two transfers and be assigned to serve in another mission. They then return and serve at Temple Square for the last two transfers of their mission. Sister Moldogalii is originally from Mongolia and has only learned English on her mission. She speaks English very well so communicating with her is not a problem. She is very sweet and is so excited to be here! I'm glad that she is excited to serve here. President has given her permission to attend the Nauvoo Pagent and the Nauvoo Temple. She has always wanted to go to the Nauvoo Temple, in addition to the Salt Lake Temple. She joined the church when she was 11, but heard of it when she was 8 but she couldn't be baptized at that time because her dad wouldn't let her. After the Book of Mormon was translated into their language, her dad read it and then one day to the amazement of their entire family he asked if he could go to church and if he could be baptized. Their family was Buddhist before. She has a sister and two brothers, The oldest two are married and the youngest is waiting to receive his mission call.

Another exciting piece of news is that President Jergensen is letting us have the last new car for the remainder of this transfer. He did mention that we may want to look into getting bikes though. We mentioned to our Bishop's wife that we were looking for some bikes and she located one and then another in a few days. The one I will get is from an older lady in the ward and is in good condition. It has a bell and everything! It's an older style of bike with a low bar that will make it easier to ride wearing a skirt. She's willing to sell it for $30. I'll have to get a helmet and new brake pads. I'm planning on just leaving the bike in the area if I get transferred.

Bill and Vickie are getting baptized this Saturday and Jenna (one of our investigators) will come to see what a baptism looks like. There is also a child that will be baptized earlier that day so we may take her to that one, we're not sure right now.

Well, that's all the main highlights for this week. I'm glad to hear that your shoulder is getting to be pain free Mom!! I love you so much and thank you both for your wonderful letter. It is so great to hear the happenings!

Take Care!! Love to all!!
Sister Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment