Hello family!!
Sorry I was unable to email yesterday. The library was closed because of Labor Day.
We should be moving next Monday. We actually don't know for sure which place we will be moving into though. Sister Whitaker and I found an apartment, but the bishop has been really working with a family in the ward and he said we should know by today or tomorrow if it will work out. I know this situation is truly out of my hands. I've done my part in looking for a place to move into and so right now it's out of my control. I feel at ease right now concerning it because again, I've done my part and now it's in the Lord's hands and a way will be provided.
On Saturday, Sister Brown and I were introduced to a women who's name is Sylie. As we met with her briefly because she needed to leave for work, we found out that she was married. We invited her to church and she said she would come. We asked a member of the ward to pick up this family and she agreed. Low and behold the family came to church on Sunday!! We also learned that they have a little one year old too. The spirit was so strong during that fast and testimony meeting and the husband near the end of the meeting went up to the podium and said that he wasn't a member, but that he would like to be and that he would like to continue meeting with the missionaries. He bore an amazing testimony of Christ too!! Afterwards I found out that he speaks french and so I introduced him to the bishop. Now we are working with two investigators who speak french!! Can you believe it, here in Iowa City. There is such a mixture of people here, it's crazy!! That has been the best Sunday ever here on the mission. We also had a number of people at church who haven't come in a while and so that was a great blessing as well.
I hope all is going well with everyone and that you all were able to have a wonderful Labor Day!!
We had P-Day and went over to the ward's picnic and had burgers!! There was a great turn out!
Love,
Sister Tucker
No comments:
Post a Comment