Happy Birthday Mom!!
It sounds like you had a great weekend!! I hope you have a wonderful day and I wish you the best this coming year!!
We got all moved into the new apartment. It has dark hardwood floors and new carpet in the bedrooms. There are two bedrooms so one if for sleeping and the other for studying. We found an inexpensive couch at a thrift store and a kitchen table. Luckily we were able to take all the kitchen supplies with us. The beds and desks also came with us. We bought a bookshelf and two torch lights at walmart. I had fun putting together the desk this morning. Thanks to you, Dad, I know how to put things together on my own!! We borrowed a few tools from some ward members. I was really wishing I could have pulled out my pink toolkit. That's one thing that I'm definitely learning how to do, which is ask for help from ward members, because I normally would just like to do things on my own, but we're limited in the things we have. The mission office will reimburse us for expenses we've made for the apartment. Oh, a funny thing happened last week when we moved, we received a message on our phone from a Brother Flynn, our investigator who was baptized at the end of August. He said in the message that he's kind of obsessed with moving people and that he would love to help us that day. It's so neat to serve others and then receive service in return. We had him and Brother Ruelas help, as well as four Elders.
This last week we were able to have a first lesson with Carrie, a co-worker and friend of the Flynns. She will shortly be done with the Book of Mormon and has asked if she can start reading the Doctrine and Covenants. She came to church yesterday and said it was a lot different and more laid back than the church she is used to going to. We also have a few other potential investigators so that has been exciting.
This last week Sister Brown was fighting some cold and so there was a day earlier in the week and then again on Saturday where she slept to fight it off and where I did some additional studying and straightening up of the apartment. As of Thursday we were without the van again, so that makes it interesting to get to appointments.
This week we have exchanges on Tuesday and then on Thursday we have Zone Conference.
Oh, we went to the Stake Relief Society Meeting they had on Saturday and they had a reporter there. There were about five speakers and one of them was a return sister missionary. She shared her experience of deciding to go on a mission and I found that it was very similar to mine. We talked with her a few minutes afterwards. I also saw Sister Filmore and gave her a hug.
Well, I'm sorry for the short letter this week. Perhaps there will be more exciting news to share with you next week.
I love you all so much!! I miss you all and wish I could be there for all the family gatherings! For this time, however, I need to focus on the work and find joy in the service. I like what President Jergensen once said. He said if you're not having fun, you're doing it (the work) wrong :)
Take Care and I love you lots!!
Sister Tucker
Happy Birthday again Mom!!
Happy Birthday Morgan!!
Happy Birthday Katie!!
Happy Birthday Grandma!!
Happy Birthday Lance!!
Happy Birthday Tyler!! You big 16 year old! How did that happen??
Happy Soon to be Birthday Rob!!
I've been out for four months now!! It's going to go by so fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment