Hello Family!!
Thank you so much for sharing those photos, they are gorgeous!! The leaves are starting to change here, but not as much as the mountains in Utah :) Thanks Mom, for also sharing about the dedication of the Brigham City Temple. That is such a neat experience to be a part of the dedication. Elder L. Tom Perry sure travels around a lot. If you remember, he was the speaker my first Sunday here at Stake Conference :)
This week has been busy. We had exchanges with the Mt. Pleasant Sisters here from noon on Tuesday to noon on Wednesday. It was a great experience working with these Sisters. I've been on exchanges with them before, but this is the first time they are companions.
On Thursday we had Zone Conference from 9:30 to 4:00. The trainings and lessons they shared were amazing and I was so pumped and excited to implement the things I learned so that we can be more effective in our area. Sister Jergensen shared a wonderful lesson about the harvest and I'm so excited to be a part of this great harvest!! As missionaries we are to find those who are ready and to harvest them. As we go up and down each row we can discern which ears of corn are ready and which ones need to be nourished more before they are harvested. The ward members are those whom we can work with to help nourish these ears of corn till they are ready. As missionaries we are not called to just plant seeds, but we are called to go out and harvest!! I wish I had a picture to put up on my wall that shows people harvesting. This is something that I want to really focus on. Sister Jergensen also shared that we may be stopping and nourishing some ears of corn for too long while there are some ears of corn that are rotting on the stalk.
On Friday, Sister Brown wasn't feeling well, so we ended up staying inside all day. I too felt as though I was coming down with something, but i didn't feel that bad. I kept busy by updating our Area Book, reading Ensign articles and other odds and ends. It was so hard to stay in that day and to not do our weekly planning that morning because I was so pumped from our Zone Conference the day before. The family we were to have dinner with brought our dinner over. That was very thoughtful of them. I had a fun time sanitizing the apartment. Thank goodness for Lysol!
A special experience happened yesterday that really strengthened my faith again in the power of prayer and that God does hear my prayers and that I am being inspired by the spirit. I said the morning prayer yesterday and prayed for each of our investigators that they would be able to make it to church. I hesitated for a moment with one of our investigators because he has had to work the last 5 or more Sundays and he's said that he can't get the time off. I however, went ahead with the prompting and asked as I have in many previous prayers, that this man's work schedule would be changed around so that he could attend church. During the middle of sacrament meeting this man, Paul, walks in. What a treat it was to see him there!! He said that he was scheduled to work at 3:30 that day! Paul has a baptism date of November 3rd and one concern that we have is his church attendance right now. Heavenly Father does hear my prayers and they are answered!! I also am receiving promptings from the spirit and I need to recognize those more and act on them right away. I want to be an effective instrument in the hands of the Lord and I do that by listening to those promptings.
I'm so excited for the Relief Society General Conference meeting on Saturday! We'll have a few investigators with us and how exciting to have General Conference in a few weeks!!
I love you all and am working hard to join in on the harvest here in the Iowa Des Moines Mission and to help our mission achieve it's inspired goal of 400 baptisms. We are at 250 right now and could really use more prayers that we will be able to find those who are being prepared to receive the gospel.
Love ya lots!!
Sister Tucker
P.S. A family in the University ward works at a golf course, so we will be golfing later today!!
P.P.S. We helped pull ragweed at the Handcart Park here in Iowa City on Saturday. It was a lot of fun and we worked with two sets of Elders.
No comments:
Post a Comment