Saturday, February 9, 2013
February 4, 2013
Hello Family!!
I hope you all are doing well and are staying warm!!
This last Saturday we received transfer calls and President Jergensen said that I will be going back to Ankeny to train a new sister. On Thursday we have transfer meeting and I'll have to be there at 8:45 am for the new trainers meeting. There will be 17 new missionaries coming out and 9 additional missionaries will be here waiting for their visa so they can serve in Brazil. Of the 17 new missionaries, 7 will be sisters. It's interesting how the numbers between the Elders and Sisters is getting more even. My companion Sister Tobias will also be training too. Yesterday and a little more today it was sinking in that I would be leaving this area, but I do keep mentioning to others that you never know, I could come back and serve in this area again. I've learned a lot from being in Cedar Falls and now Bettendorf that I will take back with me to Ankeny. The ward members are so great here and I've really come to enjoy and love so many of them.
I'm a little nervous to train but at the same time excited. I really did have such a great trainer. Sister Whitaker was the best by far. It's been a little challenge working with different companions but I've learned things from each one and I'm excited to pass this knowledge and information on to a new Sister. President Jergensen gave me a nice complement and said that he felt I was ready to train and that I've been ready for a while now. I know as I strive to be exactly obedient and to seek the help of the Lord that I'll be able to train this Sister in the way He would have me.
This last week we had exchanges with the Hermana Sisters (Spanish speaking Sisters) They came on Tuesday afternoon and stayed till Wednesday afternoon. They were able to leave around noon that day and we had the chance to go to our old apartment and finish a few last minute things before checking out of it completely. As we left the apartment we received a text saying that the cars were grounded. We ended up staying at the Jensen's home and made Thank You cards and baked some brownies and cookies for the bishop and some other families that helped us move.
This morning we taught Seminary at 6:00am!! Brother Naylor had to go into work this morning and so he called us to be substitute teachers. We talked about Acts 21 and 22 and how Paul listened to the spirit and went on his mission to Jerusalem even when the spirit told him that he would encounter some hardships and that he wouldn't see his family or friends again. I'm so thankful that the spirit hasn't told me this and that I will be able to see you all again :) There were 8 students in the class and they ranged from Freshmen to Seniors.
One of the highlights from this last week is that the woman who we went through the Stop Smoking Workshop has been smoke free for a week!! She said that in addition to praying that taking a few Hot Tamali candies when she had a craving really helped. That was so exciting to hear that she had done so well with the program and I'm excited to share it with others who have that same strong desire to quit smoking and to follow the steps exactly.
I hope you all are again doing well. Please know that you are in my prayers every night!
Love ya lots!!
Sister Tucker
Here are some photos :)
Paul Proffitt with his girlfriend Heather who was baptized a few months ago, and Annabelle and Alec. Paul was baptized on January 26th.
We went bowling last Monday for a Zone P-day!! This was the most fun or only real fun we've had on a P-Day here in Bettendorf. The other times we were so busy moving or doing other necessary things.
The Hermana Sisters, Hermana Penrose (on the left) and Hermana Hunter (on the right)
The District - Elder Wally, Elder Beckstead, Elder Wilson, Elder Holmes, Elder Bowers, Elder Aiasau, Me (Sister Tucker), Sister Tobias, Elder Spain, and Elder Davis.
Brother La Mere who baptized Paul and Sister Thompson who first taught Paul.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment