Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002

Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002
The Nauvoo Temple was originally built by the early saints through much hardship and sacrifice. In May of 1846, the temple was dedicated and became the second operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Unfortunatly a few years later in 1848, the temple was destroyed by fire. In April of 1999 President Gordon B. Hinckley, prophet of the church, announced that the temple would be rebuilt. Following its reconstruction, the Nauvoo Illinois Temple was dedicated on June 27, 2002, making it the 113th operating temple in the church.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February 18, 2013


Hello Family!!

I'm doing well here in Ankeny. Today we had a Zone P-day up in Ames and we all played two games of bowling. After bowling we all grabbed our own lunches and met at the church building. The Elders played some half court football and then chair soccer. The chair soccer looked a little intense so we sat out. Bowling was a lot of fun! I bowled a 106 the first game and then a 128 the second! I actually beat all the Elders on that second game! If you can't tell I feel a little proud about that one :)

I did receive the Valentines package and that was so fun to see sitting next to our door. The sweeter fits great and I love the necklace and earrings!! Sister England loved the candy too! Thanks also for sending another SD card by the way. I'll work at filling it up :) So I did not send a package home as I had intended to do before this last transfer. I just couldn't seem to part with anything:)

Things are going well with Sister England. I'm not sure if I told you but she is just like me. There are so many things that we have in common it's almost a little scary. Pretty much if there is anything that I like, I can almost guarantee that she would like it too. One thing that I have learned so far from being a trainer is that everything I do, I'm being watched. She doesn't ask many questions, but rather is aware of what I'm doing and does the same thing.

We're continuing to work with Angie and Cathy and the ward members have really stepped in to help fellowship them which is such a blessing to see. Angie has such a strong desire to be baptized and is excited to be baptized for her mother shortly after. We're also going to meet with McKenzie this week and we're hoping to set a baptism date with her. The work is really progressing in this area and it's so special to be a part of it.

I'm constantly being reminded of the power of prayer and have made a more conscious effort this week to pray specifically for our investigators and their needs. There have been a few things that arose regarding Angie and her baptism date may be pushed back a little, but we don't know details now and the only thing we can do is continue teaching her and praying for her. As I've learned from my reading in the Book of Mormon, there is great power that comes through faith and prayer. From last year as we met the baptism goal that had been set I know that the Lord will make up the rest after ALL we can do.

This last week we had a lesson with Raelyn, a neighbor of the Boucher (Boo Shay) family in our ward. We taught the plan of salvation and she found it very interesting. We asked if she had been reading from the Book of Mormon and she said she hadn't. We then gave a piece of paper that had Questions of the Soul listed out with scripture references. She really enjoyed that and I'm excited to follow up with her and see if she has been reading from the Book of Mormon this week.

I'm glad to hear that McKenzie did so well on her talk!! Way to go McKenzie!! I hope you'll send me a copy because I would to read what you spoke on :)

I love you all and wish you all a happy and safe week!! Take Care!!

Love,
Sister Tucker

P.S. To answer your question earlier about fireflies, I saw a number of them during the summer when I was serving in Iowa City, just as we would get back from our appointments in the evening. I think I sent home a clip that showed the fireflies. They are so neat to see and I wish they were all year round, especially during the winter. That would be so cool!!
 
P.P.S We're supposed to get 9 to 20 inches of snow on Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment