Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002

Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002
The Nauvoo Temple was originally built by the early saints through much hardship and sacrifice. In May of 1846, the temple was dedicated and became the second operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Unfortunatly a few years later in 1848, the temple was destroyed by fire. In April of 1999 President Gordon B. Hinckley, prophet of the church, announced that the temple would be rebuilt. Following its reconstruction, the Nauvoo Illinois Temple was dedicated on June 27, 2002, making it the 113th operating temple in the church.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February 25, 2013


Hello Family!

I'm doing well today. It was so good to attend church yesterday and to feel spiritually filled up inside through the talks, and lessons that were shared. Saturday was a rough day in that we went out tracting for three or more hours, not something I would want to do every Saturday. It was a nice sunny and warm day which helped. Many of the people whom we contacted weren't interested in what we had to share. That evening I received a nice letter from Bro. Lowe in your ward. He sent out a letter to all the missionaries who are serving from the ward. I really needed to hear some of the things he expressed and I was reminded of the great work that we're doing. Thank you so much Mom and Grandma for putting my name in the Temple. I've really felt more strength and peace since Sunday.

We did get some snow this week on Thursday. We heard that we may receive 9-20 inches and so it was a challenge the night before in planning. We created a list of things we could do if we our cars were grounded and a list of things to do if our cars weren't grounded. At around 3 PM the snow came and at 6 our cars were grounded. It ended up being a great time to catch up on a few projects around the apartment that would help us in our work, such as updating the map on the wall of where ward members live and color coding our ward directory, and working with the area book to organize our former investigators by location. We ended up getting only 5 inches and by 11 AM the next day the snow had melted completely off the car. There's still a lot of snow on the grass, but the roads are perfectly clear.

This last week we had Zone Conference in Ames and there were two zones present. Sister England and I were the only set of sister missionaries there. I had been asked to lead the music and Sister England was asked to give a prayer. President Jergensen and Sister Jergensen were there and Sister England and I ended up doing a role play with the Jergensen's on giving the restoration lesson at a baptismal service. I was a little nervous before hand to do this because we hadn't practiced this together at all because we'd been practising other lessons for our investigators. Sister Jergensen said she was impressed with how I had improved since the last time I had been on an exchange with her and that was great to hear. The next day my companion and I did a role play on giving the restoration in 5 minutes and it went so much better! We were able to alternate between teaching points and it flowed smoothly. Oh, by the way, we won the cleanest car award!! We received a certificate for 100 extra miles this month! I was so thrilled that we had one this as we put much effort into getting our car in tip top shape. I felt a little bad afterwards though because we really didn't need the extra miles, I just really wanted to win the competition:)

Well, I got to go. I love you all a bunch!!

Love,
Sister Tucker

Here is an example of how missionaries park so they don't have to back each other up
 Me with an award for completing a perfect baptismal record.
 Our zone P-Day last week.


No comments:

Post a Comment