Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002

Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002
The Nauvoo Temple was originally built by the early saints through much hardship and sacrifice. In May of 1846, the temple was dedicated and became the second operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Unfortunatly a few years later in 1848, the temple was destroyed by fire. In April of 1999 President Gordon B. Hinckley, prophet of the church, announced that the temple would be rebuilt. Following its reconstruction, the Nauvoo Illinois Temple was dedicated on June 27, 2002, making it the 113th operating temple in the church.

Friday, November 9, 2012

November 5, 2012


Hello Family!!

It's amazing how fast the weeks are going by now. In 5 days I will have my "Click Day", making it 6 months that I've been on my mission. Since I came out on May 9th, the 9th is my "Click Day".

I've got great news to share! We've set a baptism date! Last Thursday we had Sister Jergensen with us and we had planned to have a lesson with a girl in our ward and to set a date with her. We filled out a calendar for her and marked down which day she'll be interviewed on, which day she'll be baptized and off to the side is a list of the lessons we need to cover before that time and she can check the lessons off. Her date is December 1st. Her name is Sara and she's 10. She's so excited! When we asked if she had any questions, she replied with, "How long do I need to hold my breath?" She said she had been practicing and could hold it for 3 seconds. We reassured her it would be a quick moment.

We are working hard to find the other souls in this area that are prepared or are being prepared for baptism. I'll keep you informed of other dates we are able to set.

On October 30th we had dinner at a member's home and then we went to the library to have some mormon.org time. Since the 30th here is Beggers Night, we figured it would be hard to do much other work.

On the officially Halloween day, which many people don't celebrate in some parts of Iowa, we had a Zone Training here in Ankeny with President and Sister Jergensen. Afterwards we had dinner with a part member family at Thai Flavors. They are a nice couple and the food was really good. We had to be in our apartment the rest of the evening. Sister Neville had received a package in the mail with some little Halloween games inside to play, so we played one and then wrote thank you notes. Thanks again for the Halloween package! I had fun putting up the decorations and eating some tasty candy. I've still got some left over :)

Next Wednesday will be transfers and we'll get calls on this Saturday. I'm pretty sure I'll be staying here in this area for a while. The mission is allowing us to rent a Rug Doctor and clean our carpets. The money we use from our card for this expense will be reimbursed.

Well, I think that's all for now. Oh, this last Saturday before going to bed I set my clock back an hour. It was interesting going to bed that early, but it was definitely nice. I viewed it as sleeping in :) !! I love you all!!

Love,
Sister Tucker
  
P.S. Apparently I use the word scoosh occasionally and some people have no idea what that means. To me it means, just a little, such as, "Could you move that over a scoosh." Some say that it's a made up word. Do you know if this is a real word and if I'm even spelling it correctly?

Also, when i say, "dashound" some people again don't know what I'm talking about. Dad, you will be happy to know that there are a lot of people here in Iowa who have Dachshunds :)


No comments:

Post a Comment