Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002

Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002
The Nauvoo Temple was originally built by the early saints through much hardship and sacrifice. In May of 1846, the temple was dedicated and became the second operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Unfortunatly a few years later in 1848, the temple was destroyed by fire. In April of 1999 President Gordon B. Hinckley, prophet of the church, announced that the temple would be rebuilt. Following its reconstruction, the Nauvoo Illinois Temple was dedicated on June 27, 2002, making it the 113th operating temple in the church.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November 12, 2012


Mom, Dad, and Family,
 
The weather on Saturday was so nice!! It was in the 70's or so and was very pleasant except for the strong winds. Yesterday the temperature dropped and this morning we woke up to it being in the 20's. I purchased a pair of winter boots from Kohl last Monday, and used some of the money you sent, Mom. Thanks so much! My warm feet thank you especially:)
 
Last week we had exchanges with the Spanish speaking Sisters who are serving in Des Moines. They came to our area and I spent most of the day in our part of Des Moines with Sister Baird, while Sister Neville worked in Ankeny with Sister McGrath. We found a couple of great new investigators!!
 
This last week we had a lot of lessons cancelled which was a little discouraging especially by the end of the week, but we pressed on and continued to work hard knowing that we were to be in a different area than what we had originally planned.
 
We had district meeting on Thursday and earlier in the week I was asked to teach on one of the eight fundamentals of Preach My Gospel. After pulling out my MTC booklet of the fundamentals and skimming over them, I felt that I should speak on Receiving Through Prayer. I don't know who long I actually took teaching, but it went really well and there was a lot of participation from the district members. We have 8 missionaries in our district. I know our Father in Heaven hears our prayers and that as we pray, we can ask for blessings in our life that he is already willing and anxious to bless us with, but that are conditional upon us asking for them. I love in the Bible dictionary what it says about prayer, that it is a form of work. As we have faith, have a sincere desire and are willing to act on the answers we receive, we will be able to find direction, answers to our questions, and will come to know that our Father in Heaven does hear our prayers, is mindful of us and will answer our prayers in his timing and way.
 
We received information about transfers this week and both of us will be staying here in the Ward. Next week we have Don. R Clarke of the seventy who will be speaking to us next Monday, so we will be emailing on Tuesday -FYI :)
 
I'm glad to hear that Grandma and Grandpa had such a great time with Deb in town. It really does sound like a lot of important things happened during her visit and you've all been able to accomplish so much. From what was said about the cemetery in Draper and the service they will provide, I think that sounds so special for Grandpa and that would be a great way to honor him and the service that he gave. I'm glad to hear also that the expenses will be mostly paid for. What a wonderful blessing for Grandpa!
 
I love you all and I hope all goes well for each one of you!!
 
-Sister Tucker
 
P.S. The following letter is from my zone leader. My companion and the zone leaders give me grief for taking so long to email home. So Elder Jones decided today to write you for me. Enjoy!

To: Family
Subject:  My Week Was Awesome!

So this week was great!  We saw a lot of wonderful people that I love to death!  Our message is pure and wonderful, and the people we share with are....well, they can be that way too if they accept the True Gospel of Jesus Christ as restored through the prophet Joseph Smith.  Whom we don't worship or anything, he's just a really sweet guy who was a prophet. 
The other morning I was struggling to do my hair, and then the thought struck me:  You need to call that potential you met last Thursday.  So I did, but they didn't answer.  Who knows but they will call back someday soon like what happened to Elder Jones' friend in Sweden who is a Sister missionary.
My companion has red hair.
My favorite Zone Leader of all time is Elder Jones.  His enthusiasm and humor are just top notch!  I am inspired by the words he says and the doctrine he teaches, which is the Doctrine of Christ.  It is beautiful and wonderful!  I will be most distressed when he leaves.  I doubt if ever there was a missionary that could replace him and his deep humor and abiding love for all those whom he serves.  What majesty and wonder I behold every Zone Training meeting.  Alas, he is gone out from among us.
Other exciting things that happened this week may include but are not limited to:
Proselyting
Teaching
Sleeping
Being taunted by some anti person
Being scourged for our testimony of Christ
Eating ice cream
Breaking our GPS
Finding a Golden Truth Seeker
Being dropped by a False Truth Seeker
Losing hair due to stress

We also went on exchanges with our Sister Rep.  Sis. McGrath and Sis. Baird  It was really exciting and I learned some great things about role-playing etc.

I love life.  I am positive. I love you too.  Goodbye my friends it’s hard to die with all the birds singing in the sky.  Feel the springtime in the air.  Think of me and I’ll be there.

P.S.  Obama won, no wonder we need more missionaries to save more souls because the world is going to end soon.  Very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment