Hello Family!!
The Nauvoo pageant was amazing!! The spirit was so strong at the end!! We took our P-day on Friday and went down to Nauvoo with the Nielson's. We ate dinner at a place called the Nauvoo House, I believe. This restaurant is in an old Victorian home and it was a buffet. After dinner they drove us around the Nauvoo temple and we got out and took a few photos. They then drove us to the grave sight of Hyrum Smith, Joseph Smith and Emma Hale. It was very touching to be that close to the prophet Joseph Smith. I wish we had more time to be there, but I thought, I'll have to take a trip out with my family when I get back. I think that would be a wonderful trip to make if everyone is able to.
The Nauvoo temple is so beautiful and I loved all the detail on it. It is so pretty in that area with the huge Mississippi River close by. In some way the river feels like it's a great lake, or it makes me think of Foster.
I was very touched at the end of the pageant. The audience the stage and in the distance is the Nauvoo Temple. At the end they light the temple up, which until this point you can't see it because it's dark outside. The spirit testified to me again that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and I had so much joy and happiness in knowing that the gospel has been restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith.
We had an investigator and her granddaughter there for the pageant. They enjoyed it very much and the Grandmother gained a new perspective on Joseph Smith.
On Monday, July 23rd we went to the Mormon Trek site. This was a great way to remember Pioneer Day the following day. That morning it didn't feel that hot, but as we were at this site, the temperature was 100. As we walked back to our van I thought of the AC we soon would enjoy. Those early saints endured so much and as it points out on a plaque, the trek west was the last leg for many of these saints and for so many it started as they came to America. They then would travel by train to Iowa City and then they headed west. In all they endured, I realized that the heat and humidity were other things they had to deal with. What great faith and determination they had!!
Our mission President has asked that we fast for the drought to end and for baptisms. We were informed earlier in the week about this and since then in all our prayers we have prayed for rain and of course baptisms. On Saturday we had a huge thunderstorm roll in!! There were so many loud claps of thunder it was a little scary!! We reached our place at the early stage and as we ran from the van to the apartment we got totally drenched!! It was raining buckets. We will continue to pray for rain. One farmer at the restaurant on Friday said we usually get 20 inches of rain and so far this year we had about 4.
Well, I have to go now. I hope all is well with everyone!! Take Care and know you are in my prayers!!
Love,
Sister Tucker
No comments:
Post a Comment