Hello Family!!
Yesterday I thought I should wear my gray raincoat to church and then as we got out it was pouring!! It's always better to be prepared!! If there is one thing I learned about living in Oregon it was to always be prepared for the weather to change. We are so thankful for the rain here and I think it will greatly help the crops.
On Thursday we helped week a flower bed for a less active women in the ward's mother. We also had a church tour with her on Saturday. Pat, the mother, is about 68, and she doesn't get around super great. It felt so good to help and luckily the night before there was some more good rain, so it made it easier to pull the weeds up. While we were there I was thinking how great the church is and that there are younger people who gladly give service. It reminded me of the service you said the youth had done for Grandma and Grandpa.
One of our investigators was going to be baptized this coming Saturday, but we are postponing it for now until him and his ex-wife are married. There are a few things holding this up, but in time, things will work themselves out.
We continue to have four solid investigators and it's only a matter of time till they feel ready to take the next step by being baptized.
On Wednesday we had a Zone Meeting in Washington, Iowa. It's about an hour's drive from here. We filled the van with two sets of Elders and I drove. President Jergensen was at our meeting and one thing he mentioned is that we need to share a message, say a prayer and then Get Out Of There. By this he meant that we need to bring the spirit with our message and then leave it there by leaving the home after the prayer. We had a lesson with Ben, an investigator who's wife and children are members. The wife's sister, Pam, is also investigating the church and she was there as well. She is recovering from surgery and will be staying with them for a while with her son. We shared the story about a seminary class where a boy was asked to do 10 push ups for each student so that they could receive a doughnut. I would recommend looking it up sometime if you haven't heard it. It's really good! We then shared Alma 7:11-16 with them and discussed these verses. We shared our testimonies and as a commitment asked them to read The Living Christ as a family. We then explained that we were going to end with a song and then afterwards have a closing prayer. One of the kids volunteered to say the prayer. We played the song, had the closing prayer and then we left a few moments later. It felt so good!! We really felt that we had left the spirit there with them. We also had enough time to stop by a less active women in the ward, share a powerful message with her and we could tell she was touched by the spirit. We were able to set up a return appointment with her for later this week. It was a great evening!!
By typing in Bible Videos.org, you can see some wonderful clips from the Church about the life of Savior. They are really well done and very powerful.
It will be interesting to see where we end up moving to in the next few weeks. Our Bishop is working with some ward members to have us live with them, but we don't know who this family is and even if it will work out. So I've been feeling like we need to do our part and look at a few apartments and do some finding on our own. We have a list of a few places that we will check on this week. I know things will work out, but I feel that we again need to do our part.
I can't believe that I've been out for 12 weeks now. I wonder where this time has gone!! August 9th was my 3 month mark!! We'll have P-Day next Wednesday, but we will write our emails home on Monday. Next Thursday will be transfers and I'll find out who my new companion is. Sister Whitaker has been a great companion to work with and I've learned many things from her.
I hope all is going well with each one of you!! Take Care and I love ya!!!
Love,
Sister Tucker
No comments:
Post a Comment