Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002

Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002
The Nauvoo Temple was originally built by the early saints through much hardship and sacrifice. In May of 1846, the temple was dedicated and became the second operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Unfortunatly a few years later in 1848, the temple was destroyed by fire. In April of 1999 President Gordon B. Hinckley, prophet of the church, announced that the temple would be rebuilt. Following its reconstruction, the Nauvoo Illinois Temple was dedicated on June 27, 2002, making it the 113th operating temple in the church.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 23, 2012


Hello Family!!

This week has had it's ups and downs. Whenever a down time comes, I turn my thoughts to my purpose as a missionary, I remind myself of the wonderful blessings of the gospel and especially those choice blessings I have received personally in my life, and I determine within myself to continue forward. I remind myself that as we work towards the mission's goal of 400 baptisms, that this is a goal that was set with the Lord and that as we exercise the neccesary faith we will be lead to those who are being prepared at this time to receive the gospel. What a wonderful blessing it is to remember that my companion and I are not on our own in finding these people. This week we received a number of referrals from the Elders in our district and from less active members. It was hard to turn over a house full of four men who were open to hearing from us to the Elders, but they were single men and would be attending the YSA branch if/when they become members. It was hard to turn over a spanish family to the Spanish Elders, but that is what was best for the family. I had a thought come to my mind that we are all working together in this goal and that maybe there are others that my companion and I need to be teaching. I also thought that the Elders may turn over an investigator to us. Sure enough, they told us of a woman who may be more receptive right now to Sister Missionaries, so have plans to stop by and meet her. It's so great working together!!
This afternoon my companion and I will go to Mormon Trek Street here in Iowa City, where the saints started their trek west. I think it would be a great way to comemorate pioneer day. I'll take pictures!! Last night I read the story of Ann Rowley and Mary Ann Mellor. They went through and sacrificed so much. Their faith and determination are so touching. Thank you so much for printing their stories off for me!!
On August 3rd or 4th we're trying to go down with the Nielsens (a great older couple in the ward who lets us live in their basement free of charge to the mission) to Nauvoo for the Nauvoo Pagent. We're also planning on meeting up with an investigator and her granddaughter. We think it will be a great experience for them. I've heard so much about the pagent and can't wait to be there. President Jergensen has encouraged us if we haven't seen it so far to go this year, so the number of missionaries going next year is less.
One of our investigators now has a solid date for August 18th!! We're super excited!!
The spirit was so strong on Sunday! We were able to accomplish a lot with the ward members and we're really excited for this week. We feel that the work will pick back up this week and we're ready to get to work!! Relief Society was so good and I left feeling so motivated to serve others.
I'm glad to hear all is well with everyone!! Please know of how much I love you all and pray for you each day!! You all are great examples to those around you, keep it up!!
Love ya lots!!
Sister Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment