Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002

Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002
The Nauvoo Temple was originally built by the early saints through much hardship and sacrifice. In May of 1846, the temple was dedicated and became the second operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Unfortunatly a few years later in 1848, the temple was destroyed by fire. In April of 1999 President Gordon B. Hinckley, prophet of the church, announced that the temple would be rebuilt. Following its reconstruction, the Nauvoo Illinois Temple was dedicated on June 27, 2002, making it the 113th operating temple in the church.

Monday, April 1, 2013

March 18, 2013

Hello Family!

This last week was amazing!! It was one of the best since being back here in Ankeny. To start off, we ended up having six lessons with our investigators with a member present! We exceeded our goal of 5 that was set at the beginning of the week and we also met some of our other goals as well. We were greatly blessed this week and we could feel it. I'll fill you in on some of our highlights.

We were able to set a baptism date with McKenzie for April 13th and also a baptismal date with Libby for May 11th! We were so excited Saturday night when we found out that Mckenzie was going to be able to come to church with her mom and brother! She did make it and was able to make some new friends with the kids her age. Sister England and I were on kid duty and ended up spending Ward Conference in the primary room entertaining her brother so that she and her mom could pay attention. He did well in Sacrament meeting for the first 10 minutes but then started acting up while the sacrament was being passed. So we took him out at that moment.

We were also able to meet with Anyeth (Sara's mom) this last week and we look forward to seeing her again this week. We were able to give her an Arabic Book of Mormon and we're working on getting the pamphlets in Arabic as well. Brother Kur informed us of some friends that live down street from them and so we are excited to be introduced to them this week! Anyeth is one of our new investigators, the other one was a potential that we found from the Area Book. We have an appointment with her this week too.

We've been greatly blessed this week with many referrals as well. We've received some from members which we are very excited about and on Saturday we received a referral from a set of Elders in the Des Moines area. We were told this was a solid referral and this is an answer to our prayers! It was hard to give a solid referral to the Ankeny 1st ward, but I kept saying that we'll be blessed for it and sure enough, we are receiving those blessings! We stopped by this man's home and his wife answered the door and she really wants us to come back on Tuesday. He won't be available that day but we can make sure they are on the same page by us teaching the restoration and then going from that point.

On Sunday for St. Patrick's day I made Sister England and I a green smoothie and then for lunch I made Pesto Ravioli. It was a simple fun meal for lunch, I found some frozen ravioli at the store that you boil for 4 minutes and then I found a packet to make pesto sauce. Oh, this reminds me that we have dinner at a members home this last week and they made a Greenie Dinner. Everything was green!! Sister Myers had a green salad, bread sticks that she dyed green, and fruit cob-bobs with grapes, kiwi and honeydew! It was so fun!

For some interesting news the Ankeny 1st ward has another set of Elders. We've heard from President Jergensen that our ward could see another set maybe this next transfer or the transfer after that. Whenever we set a baptismal date with someone we are to call our Zone leaders and President. This last week President Jergensen said he was very proud of the work that we're doing here.

Well, those are some of the main highlights that I have from this week. It's an exciting time to be involved in the work of the Lord and I'm thankful to be a part of it at this time. I hope and pray that you all stay well and safe! I love you all so much!!

Love,
Sister Tucker

P.S I don't think the weather knows that it's supposed to be spring this week. On Friday it was in the 50's and then today as I was getting ready I heard someone scraping their car window. I looked through the blinds and there was a light dusting of snow over everything! Crazy weather! Well, one day it will be spring and I'm looking forward to it!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment