Monday, April 8, 2013
April 8, 2013
Hello Family!!
Welcome Olivia!!
I love all the photos you sent!! I can't believe all her hair!! What a cutie!! I was very happy to receive the text message on Friday. We had a zone meeting that day and so I received it afterwards and as I drove I had Sister England reread it several times to me so that I could get all the details ingrained :) What's really funny is that Sister England had her first niece born on Easter Sunday and her name is Lily. I'm so glad everything went well and that there weren't complications. I can't wait to meet this special little one and also sweet Masie!!
This past week or so as we've been meeting with our investigators we've been preparing them for conference and we were so excited to have three at the church building on Sunday! However, the Sunday morning session began and there were no investigators in sight :( We were so disappointed :( We tried everything we could but ultimately it's up to them to take that step and come, we can't force them, we can only invite. We knew they would gain so much for being there and listening live to the conference proceedings. My thoughts turned to our Father in Heaven and the pain that He must feel when we choose not to do those things that will draw us closer to Him and when we don't utilize the great blessing of the atonement in our life and we carry burdens that we need to let go of. There were many things said during conference that we wished our investigators could have been there to hear and learn from. We know that the messages shared will bring peace, joy and happiness to their life as they follow the counsel.
I forgot to share this with you last week from a part of President's letter to us,
Sister Jergensen and I have some exciting news to share with you. On May 4th the seven stakes that are part of this mission will have a Priesthood Leadership Conference (PLC) at the Iowa City Stake Center from 1-5 PM in the afternoon. All of the stake presidencies, the bishops and branch presidents will be in attendance to be trained and taught by a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles as well as a member of the Presidency of the Seven Presidents of Seventy.
He then went on to say they would like to meet with us before hand from 9am to 10:30am!! I can't wait to find out who will be speaking to us! What a great way to celebrate Dad's birthday!!
I love you all so much and hope things go fantastic this week for each one of you!! I miss you lots and can't wait to be home in November! I'll have my 11th click day tomorrow! The time is really flying and I'm OK with that :)
Love ya lots!!
Sister Tucker
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment