Monday, December 24, 2012
December 24, 2012
Hello Family!
It was so good to talk with everyone yesterday, to see your beautiful faces and to hear your voices! I'm glad everyone is doing well.
You asked how my talk went and it went alright. I did go over my assigned 8 minutes and that made Sister Neville have to cut hers down a little. I shared a little from Mosiah 3:5-8, 3 Nephi 1 13, 20, 21, Luke 2:1-19, and some from Matthew 2 about the wise men and then Alma 7 10-14. I then bore my testimony at the end. I felt I covered my topic though which was on the birth of Christ and portions of his life. Sometimes I can't believe the comments that people make, because after sacrament meeting was done, this one 14 year old boy came up to us and said I did a nice job, but that he almost fell asleep and that Sister Neville did great. I have to work at not taking things so personally, but it made me feel really bad that I was boring people. I also was so worried about this cold and brought up a little package of tissues and a bottle of water. Luckily I didn't need either. Thank you so much for your prayers because I was able to get through it alright and I feel inside that I did a good job.
I'll be emailing on Monday unless the library is closed. I'll have so much to let you know then about the area I'm serving in and my new companions. As I was saying yesterday, I'll be transferred to a new area. Sister Neville will be training a girl who is on a trial mission. She will be out for 3 months, 6 weeks with Sister Neville and 6 weeks with me. After that time they will evaluate if she can handle it. President didn't go into details about what her limitations are, but that she has some social issues. I'm going to be assigned to an area that is close by so that if things don't work out well these first 6 weeks and she needs to go home, then I can be sent back to be companions with Sister Neville here in Ankeny. I'm glad to hear that not all tri companionship's are bad. I'm looking forward to the new area and I think it will be great.
Well, I better be off and packing my bags. I love you all so much!! It sure was hard saying goodbye to everyone yesterday :(
Take Care :)
Love ya lots!!
Sister Tucker
It was so fun seeing so many nieces and nephews who had lost their teeth. Their growing up so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment