Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002

Nauvoo Illinois Temple - Dedicated June 27, 2002
The Nauvoo Temple was originally built by the early saints through much hardship and sacrifice. In May of 1846, the temple was dedicated and became the second operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Unfortunatly a few years later in 1848, the temple was destroyed by fire. In April of 1999 President Gordon B. Hinckley, prophet of the church, announced that the temple would be rebuilt. Following its reconstruction, the Nauvoo Illinois Temple was dedicated on June 27, 2002, making it the 113th operating temple in the church.

Monday, December 10, 2012

December 10, 2012


Hello Family!!
I'm so excited to see what's in the package. I haven't had a chance to pick up the package quite yet. We finished doing our laundry this morning at a member's home to save on expenses and to save a little on miles, we drove straight here afterwards. I WILL be picking up the package right after this and I'm be waiting so patiently since Friday night. We were going to pick it up Saturday afternoon, but then I realized the post office closed at noon and it was 2pm by then. I'll keep an eye out for the other packages as well :) You guys are the best!!

We did get some snow yesterday morning. In my words there was a skif of snow on the ground, not enough to cover the grass completely. I would have been a little more excited for the snow, but the fact that I would be out walking in it soon enough took away. Today's high will be in the 20's and then the windchill factor will come into play and make it feel like it's in the teens. We weren't out in it much at all yesterday, but I did wear my tights, and two pairs of leggings. I also had on the white turtle neck that Stacy had given me, a scarf, hat, gloves and my long winter coat. The coat is working out well, but I might figure out a way to have it snap together in one more spot.

Later this week it will be back in the 40's, so it keeps fluctuating.

This week we've been working at increasing our teaching pool by implementing a method called the 2&3 rule, the 5 staring rule, or as I like to say the staring rule. This is where we contact the neighbors on either side of a member, less active or investigators home and then contact the three neighbors across the street. We did meet a nice family this last week using this method and we have an appointment with them this week. I've also been trying really hard to talk with everyone that we come in contact with. There are people every where around us and they are being put in our path and so I need to exercise my faith in this promise and find them by talking with everyone.

One of the Relief Society counselors asked if we would take a few moments during Relief Society and talk about the work we've been doing in the area. It went well and we are going to make more of an effort this week to involve the ward members in our lessons. I know that they really do add so much and that they help establish needed friendships.

Oh, by the way, what is the origin of the word Christmas and what does it really mean?

We've been asked to speak on the 23rd of December in Sacrament. I'll be talking about the birth and early childhood of Christ and Sister Neville will be speaking on Hope in the Savior. Two of our investigators may be able to come that Sunday so we are pretty excited.

Once again, I hope you all enjoy this Christmas season and find many things to be joyful about. I love you all again, take care!!

Love,
Sister Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment