Monday, January 7, 2013
January 7, 2013
Hello Family!!
So I've got some interesting news for you all. On Friday mornings we usually have weekly planning where we plan for the next week. This last Friday we had an appointment scheduled at 10:00 am, so we began our planning a little later after lunch. At 2:00 we got a call and Sister Little said it was President Jergensen. Immediately my stomach sank and the thought came to me that I'm getting transferred. I was thinking that things may not have worked out well with the new sister there in Ankeny. The phone was passed over to me and President said that I needed to be transferred to Bettendorf. Apparently one of the sisters has been experiencing nonstop headaches and migraines shortly after coming on her mission. She had been out for three transfers. President said that he originally wanted to put me with these two sisters, but didn't want to create additional stress for her. Her flight was for Saturday at 10:00 am. The funny part is that I had just finished unpacking my suitcase during lunch! So within two hours everything was packed up again and we were on the road. It was a two hour drive to Bettendorf. Along the way we stopped and grabbed some dinner at Apple Bees to celebrate Sister Little's one year mark.
It was a lot of fun being companions with Sister Little and Sister Babbitt. They are amazing and I learned so much from them. I hope to be companions again with them in the future sometime.
I'm now companions with Sister Tobias. She is a very sweet sister and was trained by Sister Neville. She reminds me and many other sisters of a Disney Princess that would be at Disneyland. She is always so happy and cheery.
The ward here is amazing and there are so many active, faithful, families. The bishop has a great love for missionary work and so it will be great working with him. The ward has had sister missionaries in it for eight years. Apparently this is an area where many of the sisters die (mission term for when someone completes their mission in an area) which means there is a lot of extra things that have been left behind. We have to be out of our apartment January 31, so we will be going through things today and taking a load to Goodwill. The bishop is working at getting us in a member home, so we don't know yet where we will be moving to. I however, unpacked already :)
There is an investigator with a baptism date for January 26th. Hopefully everything works out well and he will be ready by then. He came to church yesterday and has been a number of times before. He brought his girlfriend's two kids and they did so well.
President Jergensen asked that I be senior companion. I've been out one transfer more than Sister Tobias. This means that I will be driving full time :) I'm so grateful for the TomTom!! He also said to learn the area quickly and that I will most likely be going back to Ankeny after this transfer to finish training Sister Davis. On Friday night he had just completed interviews and he said that everything was going well with the new sister.
Well, I had better get going and send this off. I love you all so much!!
Love you!!
Sister Tucker
P.S. On New Years Eve we made little biscuit pizza's and ate cheese, crackers and sausage!! Sister Little also dyed my hair. We had P-day till 5, we went out to visit a few people and then we had to be back in at 6:00 because the cars were grounded at that time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment