Hello Family!!
Today is my first P-day and so I'm able to check my email today. We are only allowed 30 minutes of email time on our P-day. I sent a letter out on Friday so that should be coming any day. This afternoon we will be able to go to the temple. Things are going well. I'm handling all the changes well. Friday evening was the first time that I felt overwellmed with all the information that we were learning, but by the next morning I was doing fine again. The food is really good and I'll work hard to not gain to much weight :) My companion, Sister Babbitt and I met some missionaries going to Brazil and they taught us how to say two words, Nossa and Nunca. Nossa is the equivilent to ! and Nunca means never :) So when ever we run into those missionaries we say Nossa or Nunca to them just for fun. Every week we recieve $8 on our cards, the elders only get $6. There are a lot of nice things in the Bookstore. We have two teachers and we've done role play or as one teacher likes to call it, teaching experiences. We're working on teaching the first discussion. Monday was our first time teaching in the TRC. My companion and I met with a lady and her husband who moved to Orem, Utah 9 months ago from Guatemala. A friend of their's asked if they would be willing to hear a message about the gospel and they agreed. They are a sweet couple and I think several companions are having the oppurtunity to teach them. In our building that has our classroom, they have a row of small rooms that are used for teaching experiences. Us missionaries knock at the door and our teacher will answer and will be acting like an investigator they knew. With the help of the spirit we figure out what they need to know and try to teach accordingly. Our days are so scheduled that i feel like I don't have enough time to read everything they ask us to, especially when we are working on lesson plans for our investigators. For the most part we have been going to bed at 10:30 and each morning I've been waking up at 6:00. On Sunday we were running really late and only had 5 minutes to eat breakfast. As we left the cafeteria, we ran into Sister Dement (the sister in my last ward who received her call to Russia). I found out that she's in the same residence hall, same floor and just on the opposite side. I've run into her a few other times as well. It's nice seeing a familiar face. Oh, yesterday as my companion and I were leaving the cafeteria again, I noticed an older couple that looked a little familiar. I caught the sister in the hallway and asked if she had lived in Oregon. She said yes and then I asked her if she knew Richard and Linda Tucker. She said yes, and then I explained that I was their youngest daughter. They were Brother and Sister Nelson. They said they missed you there in Corvallis :) Yesterday we also ran into an older sister who said she and her husband were going to serve in Nauvoo. I think in my last letter I mentioned we have three elders in our district that are going to Des Moines Iowa as well. We've had a few gym days and on Sunday we went as a district to the temple and just walked around. One thing that has been really nice is that the elders are told that a sister should never put away her own tray, so when we sit with the district, the elders will take our trays for us.
Thank you so much for your letters! It's so fun to receive some mail. I hope all is going well with everyone and I send my love to all. My next P-day will be next Tuesday.
Love you all lots!!
Sister Tucker
No comments:
Post a Comment